- Sark, originally a non-sense word, is simply ‘Shark’ without an ‘h’ and it has been used as my English name since my adolescence.
- P. – the initial of Pangrui (庞锐), my first name in Mandarin, is less introduced to my western friends as it is too confronting for them to pronounce.
- Xing, my surname (邢), is pronounced as similar as ‘Sing’.
🎓 The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR
- Ph.D. Student 2021 - Present, Design, specializing in exploring multi-modal interactions with intelligent things; designing materiality of interaction.
🎓 Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- M.Sc. 2018 – 2020, Industrial Design, specializing in Interaction Design.
🎓 Beijing Normal University Zhuhai, China
- B.Eng. 2014 – 2018, Industrial Design, specializing in Product Design.
- ‘14 - ‘18 Porfolio
- ESPBoost: A Rapid Prototyping Toolkit for Helping Designers Create the Internet of Tangible Things. Sark Xing, Yaliang Chuang. In proceedings of the 2021 Workshops on Computer Human Interaction in IoT Applications. CHIIoT 2021.
- Xing, Pangrui. 2017. 折纸遥控玩具. CN 206,404,327 U, filed Dec 26, 2016, and issued August 15, 2017.
- Xing, Pangrui. 2017. 玩具摇控驱动器. ZL 201630571980.0 , filed Nov 24, 2016, and issued June 20, 2017.
- 2018 Excellent Graduate 优秀毕业生 , Industrial Design, BNUZ, achieved 87/100
- Short-listed Award 入围奖, 2016 China Universities Industrial Design Competition, Nov 2016
- 2016 1st Prize Scholarship 校级一等奖学金, Industrial Design, BNUZ, #1 ranked candidate
- Silver Award 银奖, 2016 Dong Guan International Industrial Design Competition
- 2019 Dutch Technology Week, Eindhoven, NL
- 8th Guangdong Industrial Design Expo, Dec ‘16
- 2nd Biennale of The Academy Awards | The Guangdong College Design Works, Dec ‘16
- Teaching Assistant, Transformative Technologies, School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Intel-NTU IoX Center, Taipei, Research Intern, July – August ‘19
- Official Design Research Studio, BNUZ, Teaching Assistant, ‘16 – ‘17
- Cumulus Dafen Maker Workshop, Shenzhen, Selected Candidate, Summer ‘15
- Everyday Running Tracker: 3472 km
- 2021 1/4 Virtual Marathon Rotterdam@HK
- 2020 1/4 Virtual Marathon Rotterdam@Eindhoven
- 2019 Haft Marathon Eindhoven
- 2019 Semi Marathon Paris
- 2018 Half Marathon Eindhoven
- Languages: Mandarin (native), Hokkien (native), English (fluent).
- User Evaluation: Wizard of Oz, Field study, Semi-structured interview, Thematic analysis.
- Prototyping: Electronics (PCB design/soldering), Modelling (Foam/laser-cut/solidWorks), Sketching, Experience-able mock-up.
- CAD Tool: Adobe Suite, SolidWorks, Keyshot, Final Cut Pro.
- Back-end: Arduino (C/C++), (L)unix script, Processing, OOCSI,self-hosted, Data Foundry, powered by Mathias Funk, Firebase Realtime Database.